PwC Tech - Deployment Operations Coordinator|
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The DOC’s major responsibilities are to manage and coordinate platform code deployments, facilitating adherence to the release process, the code branching strategy, and reconciling overlaps and gaps to prepare for efficient and smooth releases. The DOC is a change agent who pushes for process improvements within the deployment pipeline and provides direct support during code deployments for issue escalation, key stakeholder identification, and soliciting development and DevOps assistance.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
2 year(s) of relevant experience managing and supporting software deployments for enterprise applications.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
SAFe Agilist, SAFe DevOps
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs:
- Facilitating code deployment and release activities;
- Using tools like Azure DevOps, to review & approve valid and adherent deployment candidates, deploying, and troubleshooting deployments of code and technologies in stage and production environments;
- Possessing knowledge of Microsoft Azure Services;
- Possessing experience with CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments;
- Coordinating across teams for deployment support, knowing who can help and who should be informed in the event of escalation;
- Obtaining and managing support from each relevant team for code deployment;
- Knowing and managing the escalation process within each team and across the program;
- Escalating and removing roadblocks during deployment;
- Communicating and managing deployment milestones;
- Documenting SOPs, and performing knowledge transfer to others;
- Troubleshooting incidents in stage and production environments;
- Establishing a stable, reliable secure and high performing data platform; and,
- Demonstrating communication skills and the ability to drive continuous performance improvements with the stakeholders, vendors and technology subject matter specialists.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsseniorassociate