Our Water resources team is growing and looking for engineers at all levels! If you want to work for a truly supportive leadership team, who nurtures each of our employees, then we need to talk. We have truly focused on building a hybrid culture and environment that not only challenges you professionally; but recognizes that personal well-being and satisfaction, creates a better and more balanced place to work.
About the Position
Water Resources Project Manager | Charlotte, NC
VHB’s growing Charlotte team is looking for a project management level Water Resources Engineer with strong hydraulics/hydrology experience to join its growing team. In this position you will assist our clients with developing strategic, cost-effective and forward-thinking solutions to their water resource, ecological restoration, transportation, and environmental challenges. You will have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from site to watershed scale. Projects may include, stormwater rehabilitation, transportation, stream restoration, flood mitigation and management.
- Leading multi-disciplinary projects with hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality focus including interaction with staff and clients
- Conducting hydrologic and hydraulic studies for riverine and coastal environments using current modeling software including: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, HY-8, EPA SWMM, SRH-2D/SMS, and others.
- Developing technical reports, design plans, construction documents, and specifications for water resources related projects
- Leading the construction administration for water resource projects
- Work with VHB’s integrated team to evaluate permit requirements and develop permit applications
- Identifying and pursuing new business
- Creating and expanding technical resources of staff
- Acting as a mentor and aiding in staff development
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- BS in civil/environmental engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of professional water resources engineering and analysis experience
- Advanced understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling programs
- City of Charlotte Stormwater experience preferred
- Project management of relevant projects
- Experience with ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Understanding of local, state, and federal permitting
- PE required
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.