Reconciliations & Accounting Analysis Senior Associate|
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Finance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you’ll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
2 year(s) of relevant experience
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Accounting
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in accounting analysis in order to prepare and deliver effective reconciliation and reporting of accounting activity to finance, functional, and Firm leaders to enable effective decision making.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Understanding organizational structures and ability to accurately analyze and reconcile activity, identify possible issues, make recommendations, and support conclusions;
- Understanding and interpreting US GAAP guidance over accounting transactions, implementing the accounting impact into the PwC systems as well as operationalizing accounting for atypical transactions with long term impact;
- Utilizing the Firm's standard suite of work solutions, such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP R3, Business Warehouse, Oracle, etc.;
- Utilizing data analytics/modeling tools, such as Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc. to visualize and accentuate discrepancies;
- Keeping team and leadership informed on progress and issues affecting the department and providing suggestions to manager on balancing team's workloads for adjustment and redistribution of assignments accordingly;
- Providing analytical and technical assistance to the team;
- Preparing and distributing standard and/or ad hoc reports;
- Enabling adherence to policies/procedures and drive awareness/understanding of policies/procedures; and,
- Resolving issues, accurately answering customer inquiries and proactively reporting potential issues that may impact financial results.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsseniorassociate