Formulation Technician, Carlsbad, CA|
For over 50 years, SCIEX has been developing groundbreaking technologies and solutions in mass spectrometry and capillary electrophoresis. Our products enable our customers to quickly respond to environmental hazards, better understand biomarkers relevant to disease, improve patient care in the clinic, bring relevant drugs to market faster and keep food healthier and safer. At SCIEX, youll find a rewarding role that amplifies your impact on the world and helps you realize lifes potential.
SCIEX is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
As a Formulation Technician you will be responsible for the formulation of buffers and reagents using a variety of laboratory equipment to supply the CONL (labeled container) and Kitting manufacturing operations. You will also be responsible for performing in-process testing of materials using pH, conductivity, oxygen analysis, water content, etc. This is an entry level role perfect for new graduates looking to get their foot in the door.
This position is part of the Manufacturing and Operations Multifunction/General Department, this position will be located on-site in Carlsbad, CA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory formulations and tests to support the CONL and Kitting manufacturing teams.
- Perform CONL and Kitting operations as necessary to support the manufacturing team.
- Perform inventory cycle counts.
- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Communicate with other team members, team leads, and managers to identify and correct issues.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry, 0 to 2 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), and Quality System Regulations (QSRs).
- Lift 50 Ibs.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Skilled in using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- The ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to combine different pieces of information to form general conclusions.
The salary range OR the hourly range for this role is 47,300-62,700 USD Annual. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.