Field Service Engineer II - San Francisco, CA|
Leica Biosystems mission of Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives is at the heart of our corporate culture. Were a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, youre helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, were working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges.
The Field Service Engineer II for Leica Biosystems is responsible for supporting the needs of our customers, which directly impacts patient health and overall well-being.
This position is part of the Service Organization located in San Francisco, CA. At Leica Biosystems, our vision is to advance cancer diagnostics and improve lives.
You will be a part of the Field Service Team and report to the Regional Field Service Manager responsible for troubleshooting, installation, preventative maintenance, and service repair needs. If you thrive in a fast-paced role and want to work to build a world-class service organizationread on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide installation, support, maintenance, modification, and repair of mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and/or refrigeration instruments.
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner to follow ISO, FDA, and Leica policies.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service team members with system configurations/upgrades, and provide feedback on ways to improve financial performance.
- Maintain spare parts' stock to maximize customer uptime and field service-related metrics.
- Travel throughout the district, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized.
- Receive mentoring from team members to achieve full competency on trained instruments.
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established timelines to meet customers expectations.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of experience OR 5+ years of equivalent technical work experience. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Troubleshooting in Electromechanical and Networking/IT system upgrades.
- Possessing a valid Drivers License and meeting fleet eligibility requirements.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Diagnosing and repairing medical devices, electromechanical equipment, or scientific instruments.
- Computer Networking and Field Service Engineering.
- A lab environment.
At Leica Biosystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Biosystems can provide.
The salary range for this role is $56,000-$90,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.