About the Position
VHB is seeking a Civil Designer to join our team to support our land development projects. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. Our past and present clients include commercial, office, residential, industrial, and hospitality developers; Higher education, healthcare and K thru 12 Institutional entities; municipal and local government agencies, federal agencies including NAVFAC, State DOT’s, and private interests throughout the eastern United States.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
- Civil engineering for various site designs including grading and drainage design, utility design site and roadway layout
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Excels at working in a team environment
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 0-1 years of professional site/civil engineering experience
- EIT/EI preferred, or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- AutoCAD, HydroCAD and StormCAD experience is a plus
- Experience with GIS Systems is a plus
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.