Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Thermo Fisher Scientific
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Government and Policy, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Broadcasting/Communications, Quality Control, Environmental, Web Technology, Development and Fund Raising, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Sustainability Communications Specialist|
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a thriving organization that enables our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With our outstanding financial performance, leading market positions and the largest investment in innovation in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to contribute significantly to our Mission.
How will you make an impact?
The Sustainability Communications Specialist is a key member of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s dynamic Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team. In a face-paced role, s/he will be integral to accelerating internal awareness and collective action that advances corporate citizenship efforts with a primary focus on environmental sustainability, and secondary focus on broader CSR and ESG initiatives. The ideal candidate is an intuitive thinker, skilled synthesizer and versatile content creator who has a proven track record developing and driving the processes to articulate a compelling sustainability vision; supporting the shaping of narrative, executive voice, slick visuals and infographics; analyzing data to elevate insights; strengthening strategic initiatives; coordinating a cross-functional project and content plan.
The Sustainability Communications Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Plans, develops, and supports the management of the company’s global strategy to drive internal adoption of our decarbonization strategy across broad set of internal stakeholders (from change leaders to building engineers)
- Develops CSR learning tools, including playbooks, web series, visual communications, etc. using online learning platforms or sourcing new digital tools to ensure efficacy and usability for diverse stakeholders
- Builds end-to-end workplans – using project management best practices – to meet goals and manage content partnerships
- Identifies and supports opportunities for senior leaders to engage in global conversations on topics linked both to the company’s global and local interests including sustainability, STEM education access, diversity and inclusion, health equity, and site-based philanthropy
- Leverages the company’s internal communications tools to achieve internal awareness goals for key CSR messages, reporting progress via data analytics
- Supports Manager of Corporate Stewardship Communications with copy editing, producing visual assets for internal and external stakeholders, and creating timely content for distribution to colleagues companywide
- Works closely with a range of stakeholders, including global and site-level operations, EHS, volunteer leaders, communications, marketing, investor relations, government relations
- Serves as a team-wide coordinator for CSR campaigns, product donations and projects under tight deadlines
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in communications is preferred
- Prior experience with environmental sustainability programs is required
- Corporate communications experience preferred
- Experience developing learning tools, visual communications and leveraging online learning or digital platforms required
- Familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility reporting standards and disclosure framework is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional analytical and written/verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Fluency in corporate sustainability and climate action (specific knowledge of carbon neutrality, circular economy, product end of life and waste reduction a plus)
- Process-oriented and organized to support operating in an ambiguous and broadly scoped function
- High quality standards and eye for design in synthesizing, translating and visually formatting information disseminated to diverse audiences
- Ability to develop, monitor and manage projects with minimal direction and to work independently
- Fosters collaboration and demonstrates an ability to work with and through colleagues, including those more senior
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented with capacity to learn quickly in a high visibility role
- Technical proficiency in digital tools as well as Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Work samples demonstrating breadth and creativity will be requested
Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Please visit our employer showcase!