Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Beech Acres Parenting Center
||Cincinnati, OH United States
|| Development and Fund Raising
Vice President of Development|
Vice President of Development
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching and much more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths. For more information, visit www.beechacres.org
We're a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community and beyond. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, generous paid time off, and a comprehensive training program to support you in your journey. We’ve built a culture that values each employees unique strengths and is welcoming and inclusive for all. We’ve recently implemented an exciting new strategic vision for the organization that will guide us through the next three years and beyond. Come be part of positive change happening in schools, pediatric offices, workplaces, the community, and the world.
The VP Development leads the creation and execution of a comprehensive fund development strategy, which advances the mission, vision and values of Beech Acres Parenting Center. The multi-prong strategy is comprised of: Major Donors, Planned Giving, Fundraising Events, National and Local Foundation Grants, and Corporate Giving. This person partners with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop strategic business plans aligned to the Beech Acres’ mission.
The VP is a strategic and active fundraiser who leads the process of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and planned gifts while holding accountability for the annual fund, special events, and grants. This position collaborates with Senior Leadership and the Board of Directors to continuously develop a culture of philanthropy using multiple strategies.
The successful candidate will cultivate existing relationships and help forge new ones to build Beech Acres Parenting Center’s community visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP will grow and diversify Beech Acres Parenting Center’s donor base and work closely with program staff leaders to secure funding for existing services and new initiatives.
The VP, Development is donor-centered, goal-oriented, strategic, passionate, engaging and influential. Our ideal candidate is a strong networker, a relationship builder and a positive, problem-solving leader.
• Serve as a full member of the leadership team
• Drive a standard of excellence at all levels
• Coach program team members
• Select and develop leaders
• Serve as a trusted advisor in area of expertise
• Demonstrate fiscal responsibility
• Establishes the budget
Functional Leadership Role:
• Embrace and encourage Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Set clear expectations
• Provide resources to enable team’s best work
• Build a high performing team that drives for positive measurable results
• Translate agency vision into effective strategies
• Set measurable impact goals
• Use data to inform practice and outcomes
Fundraising & Donor Engagement Strategy:
• Lead the development and implementation of BAPC Development growth strategies
• Determine strategic focus areas within and across Individual, Board, Private Local and National Foundations and Corporate donors – including the role they will each play in achieving our goals
• Establish short and long-term team goals, approach/process expectations and measures of success
• Work with team to create action plans to achieve Development goals
• Merge key advances in technology to giving
• Drive fundraising campaigns
• Grow a strong volunteer base to support fundraising events and campaigns
• Develop and execute diverse strategies to maximize fundraising potential across multiple channels (ie. Events, individual donors, grants, corporate gifts, etc.)
• Lead Beech Acres efforts in identifying, engaging, cultivating, and growing major gifts, including Planned Giving
• Identify, personally lead, and grow a portfolio of Beech Acres top prospect Individual, Board, Private Foundation and/or Corporations donors
• Work closely with Beech Acres CEO and senior stakeholders to steward existing high-capacity donors and solicit major gifts
• Identify and engage new high-capacity donors with shared alignment to our mission and potential to become significant investors
• Establish individual goals and success measures for all Development team members
• Coach Development team to effectively engage donors in alignment with strategies
• Meet regularly with Development team members to understand top priorities, monitor progress, identify & remove potential barriers to success, provide help, etc.
• Perform annual performance reviews for Development team members
• Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure and job content
Senior Staff, Board and Development Committee Engagement:
• Coordinate the efforts of senior staff and board members to achieve BAPC fundraising goals
• Work closely with CEO and Board Chair to lead BAPC Board Development Committee
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
• 7+ years progressive development experience, including, planning, leadership, management, and integration of multiple functions.
• Significant experience soliciting 5 and 6 figure gifts with demonstrated results.
• Strong cultivation & closing skills, and the ability to engage agency friends & supporters in its life and mission.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and lead others to set and achieve common goals.
• An innovative leader who brings new ideas and promotes learning and growth of others.
• A data-driven decision maker who effectively integrates mission, values, human and financial considerations.
• Strong written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time to achieve results.
To apply: www.beechacres.org
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.
Beech Acres Parenting Center|
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching and much more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths.