Field Service Supervisor - Chicago|
Wondering whats within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics? Take a closer look.
At first glance, youll see that for more than 80 years weve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. Were building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and youll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, were working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges.
The Field Service Supervisor for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is responsible for assisting in the daily management of the field technical staff.
This position is part of the Field Service Team located in Chicago, IL and will be fully remote (local to Chicago area). At Beckman Coulter, our vision is to relentlessly reimagine healthcare, one diagnosis at a time.
You will be a part of the Chicago District Team and report to the Senior Manager Field Service responsible for a team of Field Service Engineers and customer interactions. If you thrive in a multifunctional role and want to work to build a world-class service organizationread on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be a people leader, model outstanding internal and external customer service through strong communication and collaboration
- Drive quality and maintenance, exceed customer expectations, supporting sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction
- Supervise service, effectively ensure day to day operation and activities of the Field Service Team, set priorities for the Team to ensure task completion
The essential requirements of the job include:
- High school diploma with 8+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelors degree in field with 5+ years of relevant experience OR Masters degree in field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; coordinates resources and sets daily priorities to meet operational objectives
- Explains information, conveys performance expectations and handles sensitive issues
- Guided by policies and procedures, impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the department
- Uses judgment to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Requires understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Applies operational business practices and coordinates with other closely related areas to improve efficiencies
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Healthcare or Laboratory settings
At Beckman Coulter Diagnostics we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics can provide.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.