Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
Contracts Manager/Senior Contracts Manager|
W.W. Norton is seeking an experienced and skilled contract professional to join the Contracts Department as a Contract Manager or Senior Contracts Manager, depending on applicant’s qualifications and experience. This position reports directly to the VP Contracts Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of book and subsidiary rights contracts
• Advise on contractual issues
• Assist editorial staff with acquisitions
• Manage contract administration
• Supervise the daily management of Contracts staff
• Provide training to new employees on contracting practices and procedures
• Development and implement procedures for contract administration in compliance with company policy
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the U.S.
• Must be able to work from Norton’s New York City Headquarters.
• W.W. Norton & Company ("Norton") strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Norton hires. Norton makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law
• 5 or more years industry experience (book publishing and/or literary agency) reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts
• High level of comfort with both traditional and non-traditional publishing arrangements
• Fluency and interest in financial and legal issues relevant to drafting and negotiation of publishing agreements
• Ability to create new procedures and workflow
• Team player with the ability to work effectively and independently
• Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational ability
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with W. W. Norton is offered on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the human resource manager.