Lead Scientist, Spatial Proteomics, Reagents|
Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future of microscopy for over 170 years by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, were driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Lead Scientist, Spatial Proteomics- Reagents
Come join the spatial proteomics team at Leica Microsystems. We are a rapidly growing group in an exciting scientific space, and we come to work every day knowing we can make a difference in human health. We are seeking a creative scientist with deep expertise in spatial biology to direct our reagents portfolio. Specifically, we need you to build and lead a team of scientists with advanced knowledge of tissue multiplexing to create novel reagent offerings. We welcome to our team someone who is curious about the latest developments in spatial biology and committed to bringing them to the research community. If you are intrigued by the opportunity to create something new, build a team and shape our reagent offering, you will be the perfect fit as Lead Scientist in our new Boston, Massachusetts facility.
In this role you will:
- Recruit and lead a team of scientists.
- Lead research and development of novel reagents for tissue imaging.
- Build strong collaboration networks and cultivate KOLs, establish partnerships and continue to establish Leicas presence in the research community.
- Support the objective analysis of potential market opportunities.
A successful Lead Scientist will have:
- Masters degree is the minimum educational requirement. Ph.D in the biological sciences strongly preferred.
- Deep expertise in tissue staining, imaging and image analysis is required. Work in the spatial biology of cancer strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capability either through formal or informal leadership roles.
- Passion for sharing your knowledge and teaching others in formal and informal settings.
- Strong communication skills. The role requires formal presentations to researchers and the ability to communicate complex topics clearly to internal and external partners with varying levels of expertise.
Youve read this far this job description must sound like you. Reach out lets talk about you joining the team and having an impact.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary as well as relocation assistance
- Continuous training, support and focus on your personal development
- Workplace Flexibility
- Summer Hours
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video We Are Leica: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.