||Motorola Solutions, Inc.
||Plantation, FL United States
|| Computers, Software, Engineering, Government and Policy, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Manufacturing and Production, Research & Development, Web Technology, Writing/Authoring
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
As a world leader in wireless, broadband and internet technologies, Motorola Solutions is making products smarter – and life better – by unleashing the creativity of thousands of professionals from every corner of the globe. The mechanical engineering group is responsible for designing and manufacturing support of rugged handheld and mobile communication devices.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
As a mechanical engineer, you will be involved in the design and development activities of highly sophisticated communications devices for professional and mission critical markets in the commercial, government and industrial segments. Responsibilities include:
Preparing concept designs of mechanical sub-system that meets customer requirements and expectations, reliability and robustness requirements, manufacturing processes and safety guidelines.
Work with a team of highly qualified engineers to generate the overall design concept for the mechanical subsystem architecture as well as the detailed design of the mechanical components which include design of injection molding plastic, die casting, sheet metal stamping, rubber and elastomers, and rigid and flexible printed circuit boards.
Interpreting and generating 2D drawings per mechanical drafting standards
Understanding of tolerances and effect on design (6sigma design methodology)
Setting up and maintaining bills of materials and releasing mechanical prints
Supporting prototype/pilot builds
Performing mechanical verification tests per products specifications and writing test reports
Compiling information for user manuals and/or instruction sheets
The applicant must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects may vary greatly from one to the next, so the applicant must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Strong familiarity and proficiency with PTC Creo 3D modeling and surfacing software, or equivalent, to design components and assemblies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to communicate and present the conceptual ideas to the technical audiences.
- Familiar with material properties and design guidelines of mechanical commodities such as plastics, die castings and sheet metal stamping.
- Familiar with six sigma methodology or green belt/black belt certification will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of Finite Element Analysis for structural and heat transfer applications (college projects are acceptable).
- Preference would be given to candidates with knowledge and experience of manufacturing and assembly processes involving injection molding, die casting, sheet metal stamping and compression molding, and application of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly.
Working knowledge of 3-D modeling
1+ years of Product development experience is strongly preferred
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
1+ years of mechanical engineering experience (internship or college projects are acceptable)
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.