Head of Transmission & Operations Support|
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Airwave network is one of the world's largest TETRA networks and we have been at the cutting edge of the development of this technology. Innovative solutions have had to be found for complex and unique problems whilst the network has been rolled-out, grown and enhanced, at the same time as maintaining customer service on a live operational system. Solutions have to be found to in-life problems and network growth/enhancement, always within demanding timescales due to the nature of our customers' operations.
Permanent Role / Home Based with Travel
To lead and manage the Transmission Management team in providing the technical expertise needed to deliver Airwave’s strategic priorities.
Provide the principal technical interface for the business with transmission products and services suppliers. E.g. National microwave frequency licensing authority.
Regular contacts on a range of technical issues with customer’s central technical teams (including the Home Office and other Government departments) on design principles, network upgrades and general performance matters. Regular contacts with customer regional representatives to explain network performance anomalies and or failures. Agree technical improvement plans and targets.
• Act as the Technical Design Authority, technical expert and design owner for Airwave transmission solutions.
• Ensure the business process for Transmission network capacity management is run effectively.
• Act as Airwave's main interface with customers' technical representatives in relation to transmission network related issues.
• Provide Airwave's main technical interface to transmission equipment and services suppliers, e.g. National or Regional PTOs, Transmission equipment and Element Manager Suppliers, ensuring delivery of requirements and negotiating resolution of problems.
• Produce the technical content for RFI and ITT requests for Transmission related products and services.
• RF Antennas and Propagation (400 MHz to 100 GHz).
• Waveguides theory and use.
• Characteristics of propagation in copper twisted pair and coaxial cables.
• Modulation – AM, FM, PM, multi-state amplitude quadrature phase shift schemes, including the impact on range.
• Microwave radio systems, including Hybrid TDM-Ethernet types.
• Microwave band selection, technical and authority requirements vs operational and budget requirements.
• Ethernet and Layer 2 interfaces and protocols.
• Internet Protocol and Layer 3 interfaces and protocols.
A Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant subject.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Referral Payment PlanYes