Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Motorola Solutions, Inc.
||Greater Krakow Area, United States
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Law Enforcement, and Security, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Research & Development
Technical Support Engineer (German & English Speaker)|
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
You will be joining the Technical Support Operations (TSO) organization.
Part of which is your team: TSO Devices. The TSO provides a variety of technical support services including telecommunication systems, network infrastructure,
and applications within the EMEA region. You can develop within the organization by learning different technologies, becoming a technical subject matter expert or choose a managerial path.
Key responsibilities of a Technical Support Specialist:
- As a member of our Technical Support team you will be the technical expert providing second line user support to a range of devices.
- Your role will be to characterize, replicate and solve technical issues. You will have a physical lab at your disposal consisting of different types of devices that will help you troubleshoot and find solutions to technical challenges.
- Some topics will be outside of your technical competency and you will work with different product and engineering groups to provide a solution to the customer.
- Most of the customer issues are complex and they will require from you excellent analytical skills. You will support different radio communications technologies (e.g. TETRA, LTE) and video solutions. You will use Kepner-Tregoe problem-solving methodology.
- You will receive queries through our first line support and decide on channels to use in order to connect with the customer.
- You will work with a variety of verticals, mostly within governmental but also commercial space and your fluency in English and German is a must (for example you will support German Federal Police, UK Police and Public safety organization in Norway and Austria to name a few).
- It may happen that some issues cannot be resolved remotely and you will be required to travel to the client site (1-2 times per year). You also need to be prepared for a on-call duty (1-2 times per year).
As a Technical Support Engineer you will require:
Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German
Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent
Experience in technical support is an asset
Experience in radio communications/telecommunication, practical knowledge of TETRA, LTE, ITIL is an asset as well
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunity to broaden knowledge in radio communications and IP networking areas
- Opportunity to make a positive real-life impact on users depending on our solutions
- Strong team-oriented culture
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space)
- Private medical coverage
- Life insurance
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events
- Training and broad development opportunities
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions, Inc.|
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology
platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently.
Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or
reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives
on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help
us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Please visit our employer showcase!