||Thermo Fisher Scientific
||Los Angeles, CA
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Insurance, Sales, Science, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical
Biosciences Account Manager|
The Biosciences Division (BID) is a $2.5 billion business with 4,000+ employees across the globe. Our team serves 480,000 customers with 70,000 products in 180 countries. The majority of the business comes from academic and government funded customers, with the rest of the business coming from the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries as well as from the industrial market. With more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products, BID is grounded in science.
How will you make an impact?
The Biosciences Account Manager is a field sales-based position requiring an advanced level of technical aptitude. The candidate will manage sales processes in assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The candidate will also be able to understand and articulate product features, benefits and applications along with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote and complete the sale of products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. The Biosciences Account Manager (BAM) serves as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific products to specified Biotech and Pharmaceutical accounts comprising the assigned territory: Los Angeles
What will you do?
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connect with the customer, ask high gain questions, create a value proposition, and close.
- Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Thermo Fisher philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using Strategic Selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, write, and execute a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Host and assist product shows either at assigned accounts or locally on a routine basis.
- Set up and coordinate technical seminars by internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing and / or Technical Sales Specialist either on customer’s site or locally on a consistent basis.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Thermo Fisher customer relations management software (Salesforce.com). Use these systems completely to fulfill management expectations for recording and utilizing customer and sales information.
- Utilize data sources to analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, to include emerging customers.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from DM, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist.
- Attain or exceed assigned sales goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
3-5 years direct bioscience sales experience. Knowledge of Cell /Molecular Biology and Cell Therapy is ideal. Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking is highly preferred.
Incumbent must be located within the territory with a strong preference for Los Angeles, CA.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Masters or PhD preferred
- Provide regular oral and written communication of successes, failures, and best practices to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via weekly calls and reports as well as other communication methods.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record.
- Expectation for industrial and academic accounts requires approximately 12 consultative calls per day with 4-5 field days per week.
- Utilize comprehensive product and application knowledge to successfully conduct effective consultative and strategic selling presentations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.