Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Architectural Services, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Sales, Research & Development
Solutions Architect - Hybrid IT|
The Solutions Architect (SA) drives client initiatives for Hybrid IT solutions (on-premises, cloud, and combinations) in collaboration with the Insight Canada Sales teams. This includes billable consulting services, solution design, and leading the deployment and adoption of technology solutions.
The SA is a technical, client-facing role that is accountable for end-to-end solution design and deployment. The SA is a thought leader who can talk in terms of business strategy and can seamlessly translate discussions into technology-centric tactical activities.
Working in conjunction with Sales Account Executives and Practice Leads, the SA owns the client engagement including assessment services, architectural design sessions (white boarding), proof of concept/value, design documentation, and post-implementation deliverables. The successful candidate is a natural leader who will have experience in client-facing roles, leading design discussions with technical decision makers, as well as senior executives.
The SA works closely with Insight sales as well as vendor partners to define, select and propose solutions based on client business needs. The ideal candidate will show a high degree of passion for unlocking client business value, while constantly looking for ways to elevate themselves and their peers to ever-rising standards.
- Provide pre-sales expertise on data center, infrastructure, security, cloud connectivity, and virtualization solutions to our clients.
- Drive the deployment, upgrade and migration of client workloads into hybrid or public cloud infrastructure, and provide appropriate recommendations to overcome infrastructure-specific roadblocks
- Establish deep relationships with key IT and business decision makers who drive technology strategy and technical adoption within client organizations
- Provide regular and timely pipeline and forecast updates
- Collaborate closely with the Professional Services delivery organization to ensure that capabilities are aligned, and client expectations are met
- Lead the end-to-end design and deployment of proposed solutions, including the preparation of client presentations, solution proposals, statements of work, assessment documants, and detilaed design documentation
- Provide market intelligence to various teams and participate in the development of future solution strategies and service/solution offerings
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights by participating in the broader IT industry events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles as well as attending vendor-related training, webinars, and conferences as required
- Present at internal and external marketing and industry events
- Educate and develop sales teams on how to sell infrustructure solutions
- Provide senior technical direction and escalation within projects
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external relationships with multiple vendors and partners
- Deliver quarterly client-facing workshops in partnership with vendor and Insight account teams
- 50% presales and 50% billable work
- Deep understanding of a broad array of virtualization and infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- Strong expertise and acumen around virtualization and enterprise data center architectures
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior executives and grow our footprint within large or highly strategic accounts
- Contagious enthusiasm for and a desire to continuously learn
- Ability to drive collaborative decision making, eliminate roadblocks and execute on plans and initiatives
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to leverage internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Presentation skills and a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, while managing various stakeholder relationships and building consensus
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of data center solutions
- 2+ years of experience in determining where workloads should reside (i.e. On-premise vs. Cloud) based on business drivers
- Deep technical experience in more than one of the following areas: VMware solutions (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, NSX, SRM, Horizon), NetApp, Nutanix, or data center solutions from Dell, HPE, Lenovo, or other major vendors
- Hands on experience with public cloud solutions from Azure, AWS, or Google
- Oversight experience on major digital transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support and operations teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with computer work. May have extensive periods of sitting, typing and phone use (may include headset). May need to lift up to 10 lbs. Travel, i.e. driving.
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks, Driver’s Abstract and valid driver license if required for the role.
Insight Canada is proud to offer reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform us during the application process.
Internal Job Desc Footer. . Empty field
Please visit our employer showcase!