Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA US
|| Computers, Software, Engineering, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Warehousing, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
Under the guidance of the Data Warehouse Manager, the Data Engineer I is responsible for developing BI solutions for the Enterprise Data Warehouse in the Microsoft stack of SQL tools. This includes contributing to design and implementation strategies for new data acquisition, data distribution, and workflow orchestration as the data warehouse expands its offerings. The role will also be responsible for transferring and integrating data into the data warehouse from source systems as well as partner data warehouses and repositories. In collaboration with team members, the Data Engineer I will analyze and profile data to design, implement, and test procedures, packages, and processes to meet business needs.
Data is acquired and distributed in a number of different ways and will require a willingness to learn and troubleshoot multiple systems, old and new. The Data Engineer I will work with team members, end users, and other stakeholders to provide solutions with minimal operational disruption and high data integrity. As a member of an agile team, the Data Engineer I will participate in daily and weekly meetings to coordinate efforts.
- Help to build and maintain infrastructure development and improvements using Microsoft BI stack and (eventually) AWS or other Cloud technology
- Work with SDET to perform end-to-end data analysis and ensure data quality gaps are identified
- Work with business/system analysts to understand business requirements for data warehouse development, enhancement, and maintenance
- Clearly communicate and resolve issues during development, testing, and release of new code
- Collaboratively work with other members of the Data Warehouse team, IT and Business partners
- Work on multiple projects in parallel while managing priorities
- Minimum 3 years development experience using PowerShell, Stored Procedure and T-SQL
- Minimum 1 year development experience using PythonAbility to program using PowerShell, Microsoft Stored Procedure, T-SQL and Python
- Understanding of database design, configuration, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of data warehouse, data modelling and dimensional modelling
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and a great team player
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to new and changing technologies
- Capability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members
- 1-3 years of hands-on data warehouse and business intelligence development experience
- Familiarity with Cloud technology and Tableau
- Understanding of Visual Studio Solutions and Projects
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations
- Familiarity with diverse kinds of healthcare and/or clinical data
- Familiarity with Cerner and/or Epic healthcare systems
- Familiarly with the Systems/Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Agile software development
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!