Site Reliability Engineer|
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The 9-1-1 Call Handling business is made up of two key segments, Emergency Call Routing and Emergency Call Taking. Emergency Call Routing is the next generation IP network combined with software that allows transport of an emergency call, text, video or IOT alert to the correct public safety answering point using geospatial routing. Emergency Call Taking software then presents the call, text, video or IOT alert to a call taker for triage and dispatch of a response. Additional supplemental data - such as real time location of the caller or emergency health profile data can also be displayed to help drive better outcomes.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, or enabling police officers to see around street corners, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
As a member of this team, you will be a key contributor to product development activities for our team in Temecula, accompanied by teams in Gatineau, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Chicago. These teams are developing frameworks, services, tools, and processes to support other Motorola Solutions' engineering teams as well as deliver solutions to our customers. You will be working on a high-velocity, results-oriented team that leverages cutting-edge technologies and techniques. The right individual will be motivated and will have a passion for automation, deployment processes, and enabling innovation. Your efforts will help to shape the engineering culture and best practices across Motorola Solutions’ Software Enterprise organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement core services used by our Public Safety cloud solutions
- Define and meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
- Rapidly build and evolve major features in collaboration with product management
- Research and experiment with key technologies, architectures, and standards
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Assist with supporting Production systems (includes troubleshooting issues and aiming to resolution)
- Understand complex technical details and build test methodologies for them
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems; Background on services and cloud computing (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services) a plus
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools Git, Jira, Sonar, Slack, and more
- Have expertise in at least one of the following: API design and development, performance analysis and capacity planning, SQL and NoSQL database design and development, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), AWS/Azure public cloud services, test-driven development (TDD)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and agile environment
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Advanced level of English (both written and oral)
- 8+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.