At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Airwave leads the world in delivering mission critical communications services. Great Britain’s emergency services and many public service organisations rely on Airwave to keep them communicating during both day to day operations and especially during unplanned incidents.
This is a fixed term contract role (permanent) for 12 months.
Role Location: North West, Lancashire / Merseyside.
As a multi skilled Field Operations Engineer, you’ll operate and maintain the TETRA Base Stations, Microwave Transmission, Enhancer equipment’s & Customer Control Room elements of the Airwave Network within agreed SLAs to maintain service to our customers.
The initial requirement for the role is the ability to work from heights with experience in rigging duties and maintenance of antenna and transmission systems. The applicant must demonstrate an aptitude to develop, but not necessarily in all areas listed as “where trained and competent” and work towards building their skill levels.
- Microwave transmission operation and maintenance, MUX/DEMUX operation and maintenance
- Rigging/climbing activities, such as antenna replacement , feeder/connector test and replacement, microwave equipment replacement/re-pan and structural Inspections.
- Once trained and competent you'll be required to work on and be part of the team on Network Incidents and Partake in a 1 in 4 call out rota.
You’ll complete planned maintenance procedures (Where trained & competent):
- Site planned maintenance visual inspection and functional check: 17th Ed electrical inspections, Lightning Protection Inspections and Customer Control Room inspections
- You’ll provide TETRA BTS operation and maintenance: Capacity upgrades/downgrades, VSAT 1st and 2nd line maintenance, mobile asset deployment and recovery, mobile base station, mobile VSAT equipment, masts and towable and hand portable generators
This role is based around Lancashire / Merseyside area - you'll need to live in / around this area. This is for a number of requirements for this role, including being on-call once competent.
Ideally you’ll hold a HNC in a Telecommunications or Electronics discipline, along with:
• Radio frequency principles
• Transmission theory
• TETRA networks
• Microwave transmission systems
• Line of sight
• Rigging duties including Health and Safety requirement.
• AC/DC power systems
• Test and inspect
• Replacement of batteries
• Deployment of generators
Working at Height
• Antenna replacement
• ODU replacement
• Feeder termination
• IT/IP configuration
The successful applicant must be prepared to travel within the UK and stay away from home where and when required. You must hold a full valid driver’s licence.
Referral Payment PlanYes