Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Services Technician reports to the Team Lead, Services. The Services Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, repairing, installing of peripherals, and instrumentation devices or hardware. Services Technicians are also required to provide technical assistance and training to system users. The Services Technician must demonstrate ability to enable technology solutions by working collaboratively with clients, business partners, other IT Divisions, vendors and corporate stakeholders.
The Services Technician performs installation, modification, repair, deployment, testing and/or servicing on systems and communications equipment, including, but not limited to hardware and peripherals; software installation, configuration; voice, video and data cabling systems; and networks. Incumbents service both internal Insight teammates, as well as clients on site. The incumbent will participate in rotations through multiple service roles within a multi-team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, each of the Essential Functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions where possible.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Responsible for certifying, configuring, building, deploying, troubleshooting, repair and upgrading of computer equipment and other hardware. Provides on-site or remote IT Services. Duties include:
- Assemble, configure, deploy, test and troubleshoot computers and peripherals.
- Coordinate and/or build and deploy Lifecycle equipment.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the move process.
- Monitor, record and control the flow of asset tracking and records asset changes.
- Install and/or upgrade operating systems, drivers and properly approved and licensed software and test for functionality
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to our clients
- Work with ticketing system provided, accurately and completely documenting work performed.
- Create and maintain technical documents and effective workflows that support document management service standards and ticket quality standards
- Monitor and maintain queues according to outlined processes.
- Create, assign tasks as per defined procedures for the teams to maintain a balanced workload
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and upgrade tasks
- Troubleshoot problems on computers, peripherals and refer more complex problems to experienced staff
- Follow all process and procedures required of the various roles within the teams.
- Performs initial triage on Audio Visual equipment
- Performs initial triage on personal printers and facilitates warranty work
- Participate in multi team rotations as required
- Understand and demonstrate the willingness to promote Insight’s vision and values
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or University; or
- IT related Certificate or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with 1year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier One vendors or
- 2-5 years troubleshooting related experience and/or IT customer service experience in an enterprise environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess A+ certification for deskside and Hardware support roles
- Current Drivers Abstract will be required
- Back check will be required
- Must possess Current Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License or GDL greater than 2 years
- MDAA or other designations are an asset
- ITIL Foundations designation an asset
- Strong communication, organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Must be a lifelong learner engaged in ongoing upgrading and certification achievements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High level of technical proficiency in microcomputer product areas a must.
- Familiarity with large account environments and protocol required.
- Strong knowledge of windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, re-imaging.
- Should also be familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier One products.
- Experience with disassembling and re-assembling computers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills needed.
- Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management and clients.
- Ability to enter data into systems accurately is required.
- Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion.
- Voice, Video and experience is an asset.
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.6, Microsoft Configuration Manager 2012, VMware vSphere 6 is an asset.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell is an asset
- Working knowledge of Remedy is an asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions where possible.
Moderate to heavy lifting is required defined below:
- Handling maximum of 0 -50 lbs then a 2-person lift is required
- 20- 50 lbs (occasional) – low level lifting
- 20- 50 lbs (occasional) - waist level lifting
- 20-50 lbs (rare) – above shoulder lifting
- 20- 50 lbs (occasional) – front carry
- 5-20 lbs (frequent) – side carry
- 5-20 lbs (frequent) – front carry
- Pushing/Pulling (hand carts and dollies)
- 20-50 lbs (frequent)
- 60-100 lbs (occasional)
- Sitting/driving (constant)
- Trunk rotation (frequent)
- Crouching/squatting/kneeling/crawling (frequent)
- Walking and standing (frequent)
- Climbing stairs (frequent)
- Hand use (frequent)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to complete on call rotation for deskside support
- Ability to meet the physical requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment that requires flexibility of moving between roles.
Please visit our employer showcase!