Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Orlando, FL United States
|| Information Technology
Technology Department Coordinator|
The Department Coordinator is an essential part of the technology department ensuring
technology department operations run smoothly at all times. This includes but is not limited to
performing tasks associated with daily operations, technology project coordination, technical
support for families, assisting in the organization of business operations for the department,
support other departments with data systems, and staying current with trends in educational
technology and innovation. The Department Coordinator is a self-starter with a can-do attitude,
an organized collaborator, effective communicator, and an individual who is excited to be part of
a team who is passionate about technology in education and elevating student learning
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
● Serves as the main point of contact for parents regarding technical support with LHP
related accounts and systems and passes issues to other team members if unable to
● Support the school community with technology issues and questions.
● Provide tier 1 support for parents.
● Partners with Admissions for technology onboarding for newly enrolled students.
● Perform general bookkeeping tasks and provide up to date information on department
● Coordinates purchases and budgetary duties including but not limited to logging
purchases to department systems and reporting to the Business Office.
● Manages the renewal of contracts for existing systems and payments are processed in a
timely manner and reported to the Business Office.
● Set appointments, meetings, and conference calls and reserve conference spaces for
● Suggest changes to office task workflow to improve efficiency.
● Attend Technology Department meetings and keep a record of meeting notes and action
items that need to be followed up on.
● In partnership with the Director of Technology and other team members, plan
opportunities for community and connection for the department.
● Coordinates technology department projects and ensures organization and
implementation of projects in a timely manner.
● Documents all project phases and organizes supporting documentation.
● Identify and document project issues and risks and report these to the Director of
Technology or Associate Director of Technology.
● In partnership with the Data Systems Coordinator, work with other Technology team
members to support existing systems with a high focus on data systems.
● Work with other Technology team members to extract data and create reports when
necessary from data systems.
● Assists in the creation and maintenance of student, employee, and parent accounts.
● In partnership with the Communications Department and other departments, assist in the
maintenance of student, employee, and parent portals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
● Excellent people skills in addition to technical skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills
● Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Work collaboratively with others in a complex, yet highly collaborative setting
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Standing, repetitive movements, lifting weights of various amounts (not to exceed 50
lbs.), sitting on floor, bending/squatting, walking, etc.
● May be required to climb steps, and/or to walk to various departments on campus.
● May be required to work in a sitting position for long periods of time.
● May be required to work at a computer for long periods of time.
Qualifications & Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Proficiency with Microsoft and Apple platforms
● Proficiency with MS Office and GSuite applications
● Working knowledge of student information systems
● Experience with Veracross and Canvas LMS
● Project coordination experience is a plus
|Contact Name:||Seymour Mintzer|
About Lake Highland Preparatory School
Lake Highland Preparatory School is Central Florida’s premier, private, college preparatory school for Pre-K through 12th grade. When students enter our classrooms, they meet energetic educators who are passionate about what they teach and who focus on developing the greatest potential of each student. Our classes are small, providing the optimal setting for students to be encouraged and inspired.
At Lake Highland Preparatory School, students learn to question, create, challenge, analyze, and speak and write critically. They love learning, and each day we watch them reach for excellence, seek new discoveries, shine on the stage, and thrive in athletics. We not only prepare our students for success in college and beyond, but we also teach them to be compassionate leaders who make ethical decisions.
Within an atmosphere of love, concern, and mutual respect, Lake Highland Preparatory School is committed to instilling Christian values, inspiring patriotism, developing leaders, and preparing students for college and lifelong learning through academically challenging programs and affirming competitive experiences.
Lake Highland Preparatory School develops and empowers students with noble character, keen intellect, and an enduring love of learning to thrive in a highly competitive, widely collaborative and ever-changing world. The school’s “whole child” approach fosters confident, competent, and functional citizens who are intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually prepared to pursue their dreams, achieve their full potential, and successfully cope with life challenges.