Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Microsoft Account Manager|
Requisition Number: 76494
The Microsoft Account Manager works hand-in-hand with Insight Account Executives, Market Leaders, Partners and key internal resources to grow and facilitate new and renewal Microsoft software sales opportunities within an assigned district. This position is responsible for achieving quota and growth targets through software sales with particular focus on designated core partner business. The Microsoft Account Manager also facilitates key software renewal opportunities and provides oversight to ensure that all client requests are handled with seamless hand off to appropriate internal resources to ensure the needs of the client are relevant and responsive.
Focus for this role will be on achieving sales and profit goals through existing clients and net new sales resulting from direct client interface, on-site visits, account planning, partner teaming and engagement, as well as solution development and implementation. The primary function is to develop and drive software opportunities to closure and expand those opportunities. You will work internally to design and recommend sales and marketing programs and assist in short-term and long-term software sales strategies within their assigned territory.
- Identify and develop new/incremental software sales opportunities within an assigned district.
- Team with account managers to complete and execute account plans to penetrate non-software buying accounts, further penetrate existing buying accounts and develop net new account opportunities.
- Develop and close sales opportunities brought forward by Insight Sales Reps and/or Partners.
- Conduct and deliver professional sales presentations on Insight’s capabilities and value proposition specific to software products and services.
- Engage with Insight's Presales Software Team to initiate new software business.
- Provide support in RFP responses with strategic software solution input.
- Recommend competitive pricing to sales based on understanding on competitive landscape, product lifecycle, key cost drivers, etc.
- Successfully complete internal and partner training offerings as assigned.
- Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships with key partners in their district.
- Attend local key partner events and training sessions.
- Facilitate account planning with partners and account managers to penetrate mutual non-buying accounts, communication on opportunity and account.
- Consistently develop and maintain product and programmatic knowledge around core partners.
- Maintain awareness of Insight’s Services, SAM and key practice offerings.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and competitive landscape.
- Populate and manage sales opportunities in pipeline tracking tools and provide business development reporting.
- Industry Expertise: Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product, licensing and technology trends.
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have deep MS Licensing experience, skilled with managing Microsoft contract vehicles (Enterprise Agreements, MPSA, Select +, Open Licensing, etc.) and pricing
- Strong analytical skills are required; must be proficient with Microsoft Office; able to manipulate large, complex Excel spreadsheets.
- 3+ years recent VAR or LAR industry sales/marketing experience
- Hold Certifications including MCP, etc.
- Proven record of success achieving/exceeding sales targets and goals
- Ability to take initiative and manage time effectively
- Ability to travel in district (50% expected)
- Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship build
- Ability to execute, focused on results, strong teamwork skills, self-motivated and pro-active
- Will be required to pass and maintain sales certifications
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Spokane || Washington (US-WA) || United States (US) || SALES || None || National; Remote ||
Please visit our employer showcase!