Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa Pacific University
||Azusa, CA United States
Hall Residence Director (11 months)|
Responsible for the direction and coordination of the total residence program within the first year, summer, and special housing living areas. Serves as the main facilitator in the planning and implementation of a meaningful residence life experience for students and student staff. General counseling, crisis intervention, discipline, guidance and living area programming. Assists in the selection, training, and supervision of Resident Advisor staffs. This is an 11-month position.
* Bachelorís Degree, Masterís preferred.
* 1-2 years of relevant experience in the area of Student Affairs in Higher Education.
* Must possess a current CA driver license.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Oversee the Resident Advisors in the planning, administration, and evaluation of programs within the first year and summer housing living areas.
* Challenges students to initiate and develop healthy interpersonal relationships with their peers.
* Supports/initiates within the living area: efforts associated with academic support, spiritual formation, cultural diversity, emotional wellness, and life planning.
Administration & Supervision
* Assists with room assignments and changes for his/her living area throughout the year/summer housing, and assists with check-in and check-out.
* Monitors physical (health and safety) condition of living area, including assisting with monitoring the usage and condition of furniture. Reports known physical damage, facility-related problems, or housekeeping concerns immediately. Conducts health and safety inspections of individual student rooms at least once a semester.
* Alternates with other Residence Directors regarding on duty availability for all campus residents. Residence Directors take turns covering major holidays.
* Assists in the selection of new Resident Advisors in the spring, including conducting individual and group interviews.
Mentoring, Coaching, & Role Modeling
* Is available to any students in the residence for discussion of concerns and problems. Appropriately refers students to other offices as needed.
* Provide guidance, support, and direction to Resident Advisors during RA Training and any other times appointed by the Director of Residence Life (staff retreats, leadership conferences, etc.)
* Models behavior that reflects a commitment to uphold the university standards of conduct in oneís own life; on and off campus consistent with the lifestyle expectations of Azusa Pacific
University students on campus.
* Meets weekly with the Director of Residence Life, professional Residence Life Staff, your Living Area Staff, and individually.
Intervention & Accountability
* Understands and can communicate the rationale for University regulations.
* Assists, confronts, and intercedes in disciplinary and emergency situations as they arise in the living areas, provides the appropriate written and verbal behavioral data relevant to administering guidance, support, and/or discipline, and reports/refers to the Director of Residence Life and the Associate Director, as necessary.
* Supports or does not openly disagree with University regulations.
* Serves as a resource and referral support to faculty, staff, parents, and other University constituents.
* Maintains an attitude of discipleship and serves as a support and resource to students in their quest for spiritual growth.
* Must be available for individual student pastoral help and guidance, responding to crisis, participating in and leading of student programming, and building relationships between students and the Campus Ministries Office.
* Assists with the spiritual and counseling needs of students.
* Seeks to develop a residential faith community rooted in the Wesleyan faith tradition while welcoming of persons of all beliefs.
* Serve in a collateral assignment (i.e. Title lX) within Student Affairs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be a collaborative and effective team member and team builder.
* Ability to work independently, present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
* Initiative and good judgment, ability to keep information confidential.
* Ability to learn policies, procedures and retain information.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
* Willingness to be available evenings and weekends.
* Ability to confront and intercede in disciplinary or emergency situations.
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Intermittent sitting and standing and able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
* Ability to conduct business at other locations on campus.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone and in person.
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, grasp, bend, and reach.
* Availability to drive on campus and locally.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Assessment of living area conditions.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Azusa Pacific University|