Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa Pacific University
||Azusa, CA United States
UG Freshman Admissions Counselor|
The Admissions Counselor serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University for new student recruitment and is responsible for all activities that lead to applicants choosing to attend APU.
* Bachelorís degree.
* 1-3 years of experience in an admissions/customer service setting. OR
* 1-3 years of professional experience in a higher education setting.
* Possess a valid California driver license.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Recruits prospective students through group presentations, college fairs, personal interviews, campus tours, phone contacts and written correspondence.
* Plans and coordinates recruitment trips to assigned territories.
* Significant out-of-area recruitment travel during fall recruitment season.
* Weekend registration travels during spring recruitment season.
* Maintains regular contacts with every student on assigned roster to assist with completion of the application process to include:
* Phone calls and emails to applied, accepted, and confirmed students and parents.
* Provides financial aid estimates and discussion regarding offer of financial assistance.
* Provides counseling for academic coursework and provides students with a class schedule at varying events.
* Brings closure to student files.
* Assists student applicants with financial aid, application procedures, and pre-registration/ registration procedures and with any on campus departmental scholarships for which the applicant may be eligible.
* Evaluates application files and makes preliminary recommendations regarding the admission decision for applicants in assigned geographic area.
* Interfaces with various offices on campus to facilitate information regarding student files and admission decisions.
* Participates in on-campus admissions events involving student recruitment and registration.
* Assists in advising undeclared majors and answers advising questions posed by faculty advisors, students and staff during registration.
* Assists in the advising of students for all majors during off-campus registration events.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
* Word processing-computer skills.
* Competency in Excel, using filters, complex sorting, and creating pivot tables.
* Self-management and organizational skills.
* Need strong communication skills on a one-to-one basis, in person, through email and on the telephone.
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
* Ability to work independently, present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
* Initiative and good judgment.
* Ability to keep information confidential, learn procedures, and retain information.
* Requires repetitive motion, intermittent sitting, standing and walking, and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Ability to conduct business at various offices on campus.
* Able to lift, pull, grasp, stoop, lift up to 20 lbs., bend to lower file drawers, and reach to top of five-drawer file cabinets.
* Availability to travel throughout fall, spring and summer recruitment seasons, as well as an occasional, developmental conference out of area.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Azusa Pacific University|