Enterprise Testing Senior Associate - Third Party Risk|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as âPersonal Cellâ or âCellularâ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customersâ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Weâre looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youâll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
The Enterprise Testing Targeted Testing, Validation & Oversight team for Third Party Risk is responsible for planning and executing horizontal reviews, targeted reviews of known or emerging risk areas, external third party reviews, and front line reviews of Third Party Risk and the Third Party Risk Management Program and Policies in accordance with the Independent Monitoring, Testing & Validation Standards.
The team is seeking a candidate who will share responsibility for the planning and execution of the Third Party Risk review activities.Â The role requires close partnership across business groups and across other Corporate Risk Management Programs.Â Experience in planning, conducting, and leading operational risk testing, compliance testing, or auditing is required; in addition, specialized knowledge in one or more of the specified subject areas is desired.Â This position may require travel to third party locations.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide third party risk management support to business groups through leadership of review activities, identification and reporting of issues, and validation of corrective actions to assess third party risk management.
- May assist with program development and planning, special initiatives, and providing guidance and supervision to less experienced consultants.
- Exercise effective communications and promote positive relations with business groups and management.Â
- Collaborate with and report findings and recommendations to senior management concerning third party risk issues.
- Thoroughly document and succinctly write test work summaries and reports.
- Know and effectively apply corporate Third Party Program Requirements and Independent Monitoring, Testing & Validation Policy, and related procedure requirements.
- Keep abreast of risks and issues affecting third party risk reviews.
- Document job aids and procedures that support the successful implementation of testing activities.
- Gather information from a range of different sources and methods, e.g., data collection, interviews, meetings, review of processes, manuals, and documentation and generate innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
- Propose enhancements to support third party risk testing processes.
- Work cross-functionally with team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment
- Design test scripts and identify accurate and complete populations for testing
- Evaluate and rate control design and performance
- Consult with business to effectively manage change in ensuring adequate corrective actions are in place to ensure policy compliance
- Conduct quality reviews or peer reviews of review activity reports, work papers and supporting documents, and system data
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- 3+ years of experience in planning, conducting, and leading in one or a combination of the following: operational risk testing, compliance testing, or auditing
- An active status in one or more of the following: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to identify gaps through risk based testing
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well defined plans, solutions, and test scripts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo s Third Party Information Management Systems (TRIMS) database
- Experience determining the root cause of identified issues
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- 4+ years of third party risk management experience
- 3+ years of conducting operational risk, compliance testing, or auditing of third party risk
- Experience leading operational risk or regulatory compliance reviews and working independently as a review lead
- Experience working in a Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Management Program
- Working knowledge of Wells Fargo risk management policies and programs
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of regulatory and policy requirements for Third Party Risk Management
- Recent experience in Third Party Risk Management
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and bring credible challenge to the risk management status quo
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.