Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as âPersonal Cellâ or âCellularâ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customersâ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Weâre looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youâll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
This Compliance Officer role will work closely and in strong partnership with the business-aligned Compliance Manager and the Control Executive teams to provide strategic direction, guidance, and advisory services to Digital Solutions for Business on various regulations and compliance-related best practices. This includes implementing key elements of the compliance program, including the establishment and implementation of policies, delivery of compliance training and awareness, and creation and escalation of metrics and reporting. Specifically, the Compliance Officer role will:
- Oversee and credibly challenge the reporting, escalation and timely remediation of compliance-related issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters.
- Draft, manage the implementation and ongoing maintenance of applicable policies, training and standards.
- Perform monitoring to promote compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Sustain a strong risk culture that identifies and provides oversight and escalation of existing and emerging compliance issues across business lines, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions; and escalate compliance issues to senior Compliance management.
- Provide input into New Business Initiative engagements involving business operations, assessing regulatory compliance impacts of proposed new products and services.
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to management and risk partners as appropriate.Â Collaborate with relevant lines of business, legal and risk partners to document concerns and propose solutions.
- Maintain and foster strong constructive relationships with product teams, control partners, legal and other stakeholders to facilitate an effective risk culture.
- Oversee multiple projects and provide sound regulatory advice to project teams to help launch new initiatives.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Extensive experience with and strong technical knowledge of digital banking platforms (CEO Mobile) digital accessibility and applications.
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations impacting the Digital Solutions business and advise the business as appropriate, including (but not limited to) ADA, Accessibility, Privacy, Reg E, Reg GG, AML/BSA, as well as OCC guidance.
Successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking talents to make independent assessments, articulate recommendations and defend conclusions.Â The position requires the ability to be proactive; to communicate and escalate compliance issues or possible issues as appropriate; to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues; to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; and to consider the implications of all options (benefits, costs and risk factors).
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $132,700 Mid: $189,600
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.