Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Real Estate, Sales, Research & Development, Web Technology
Senior Managing Director|
Responsible for the implementation of strategic direction and ethical leadership of one or more lines of business and/or clients whose markets encompasses a global and/or multi-market area. Is responsible for short- and long-term revenue growth and profitability of the assigned market and/or portfolio of clients. Emphasis is on integration of a variety of services and growing market/client share. Guides direct reports in client service orientation and consultative sales as well as the effective, efficient and ethical operation of their respective teams or accounts. Builds a cohesive, diverse team dedicated to ongoing improvement of service delivery platform and client relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Establishes a core leadership team to ensure the integration of all functions; i.e. sales, marketing, finance, operations, project management, MIS, legal, human resources, etc.
• Builds strong business operations and sets specific, measurable, challenging yet achievable goals and objectives. Evaluates industry and business trends in local market area for potential impact on operations.
• Formulates, negotiates and executes contracts with the clients.
• Ensures consistency of service delivery that meets CBRE service delivery guidelines.
• Analyzes financial performance indicators and related industry activity. Responsible for expanding client relationships/key markets to target as business growth opportunities. Sets priorities.
• Collaborates with President or EMD to develop a concise plan to accomplish the retention and acquisition of clients/markets, focusing on our value-add as “expert advisors” rather than “tactical or transaction specialists”. Meets business growth objectives consistently.
• Leads horizontal banding and integration strategy within the line of business and between all lines of business to maximize performance of the company’s platform.
• Assists the President or EMD in preparing short- and long range plans, priorities, objectives and the annual budget. Responsible for meeting the financial goals and expense management for assigned client/local market area.
• Monitors and assesses financial accounting and reporting.
• Oversees and coordinates financial programs for funding new and continued operations in order to increase productivity and maximize growth.
• Creates, communicates and monitors the vision, mission, strategy, objectives, business plan, budget, policies and operating plans.
• Serves as a change agent for business improvements. Develops buy-in and support for new initiatives and processes.
• Provides effective presentations to senior management, employees and prospects/clients. Serves as a key industry and division/line of business/company spokesperson to community.
• Leads by example to earn respect and trust of peers, employees and clients. Clearly supports others by providing honest, open, two-way communication. Provides appropriate feedback loop to President or EMD on relevant issues.
• Implements or directs the implementation of programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
Human Capital and Recruitment:
• Provides for the recruitment, selection, performance management, development and retention of high caliber team to carry out the organization’s mission. Guides team in strengthening their competencies.
• Implements a career development and succession plan, along with an effective retention program for key personnel, while creating a more diverse organization.
• Recognizes expertise and empowers peers and employees to build a dynamic team that is viewed by others as highly productive, capable and the best in the industry.
• Supports a healthy balance between work and lifestyle.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Integrates and controls the activities of several separate departments which may make up a division or line of business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university required. Master’s degree (MA, MS or MBA) preferred.
• A minimum of twelve (12) years progressively responsible profit and loss business experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Possesses strong experience in managing a large, diverse team. Has strong understanding of industry and specific line of business.
• Demonstrates knowledge/capabilities in the areas of financial analysis, business administration, legal, human resources, ethical practices, marketing, business development and consultative sales.
• Fosters a strong service-orientation and an “advisory role” in client relationships.
• Uses ability to think strategically and to synthesize the most complex business and financial data.
• Utilizes an entrepreneurial approach and develops innovative solutions.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Real Estate sales, brokerage or appraisal license required as appropriate for the
business unit. Participation in professional and industry organizations desired.
Ability to communicate effectively to justify or defend sensitive matters with
Possess advanced financial skills and knowledge to review the complex financial
reports prepared by others and to make recommendations to executives that
impact division/line of business/company
Ability to review recommendations and results provided by others that directly
impact division/line of business/company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
A strong entrepreneurial and creative spirit. Some knowledge and understanding of all facets of property and asset management, leasing, brokerage, marketing, and financial reporting. Is flexible and adept at handling multiple priorities and initiatives. Displays excellent organizational skills. Above-average computer skills in Word, Excel, and Internet usage. High level of integrity and ethics is critical.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with full understanding and interpretation of procedures, policies and
business practices to achieve general results. May recommend changes to procedures,
policies and business practices.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
required of employees assigned to the job.