Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Vernon Hills, IL
|| Computers, Software, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Research & Development, Web Technology
Managed Services Senior Engineer – ScienceLogic|
The Senior Monitoring Engineer provides support for the ScienceLogic Platform leveraged by CDW Managed Services. This involves developing enterprise level applications, maintaining operational excellence, and integration with ITSM tools. .This role is a member of the team responsible for the availability, improvements to, and expansion of ScienceLogic.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology owners and stakeholders to formalize requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with Platform Owner to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Translate requirements into application solutions.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure service continuity as new solutions are implemented.
- Develop and maintain applications to CDW standards and quality.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management, under the direction of Senior Engineers
- Participate in Scrum activities with the rest of the application development team, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Perform operational activities required to maintain system availability and meet the needs of customers and coworkers.
- 4+ years experience with ScienceLogic
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of an agile software development process
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of project team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the development process
- Significant experience with ScienceLogic monitoring and architecture
- Significant experience developing Dynamic Applications with Python
- Significant experience with the Unix command line
- Significant experience with MySQL relational database
- Experience with IT Service Management applications including but not limited to ServiceNow.
- Experience developing and using web services (REST or SOAP).
- Experience with non-relational databases (Cassandra, Scylla).
- Experience with version control software (Git, Github).
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and DevOps tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Docker).
Please visit our employer showcase!