Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Deerfield, IL United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Military, Retail/Wholesale, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical
Director Accounting - Tax|
Responsible for directing and managing the Accounting – Tax function. Oversees the groups support to the tax department on various projects which may include M&A, tax planning, and impact of new tax laws and reporting. Responsible for adhering to GAAP and company policies and procedures; reports and reviews the results with senior management. Responsible for guiding subordinate staff on work and project issues which may include coordination and preparation of financial statements and reports and support to the tax department.
- Directs and controls the Accounting – Tax groups activities which include supporting the tax department on mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, audit defense, changes in tax accounting methods and determining the financial statement impact of new tax legislation.
- Establishes project teams, assigns responsibilities, and facilitates meetings as needed to ensure timely goal attainment.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation. May be responsible for managing retained and outsourced staff and for providing successful service levels according to the defined Statement of Work established by the Company’s management team.
- Prepares management reports and participates in presenting results to senior management regarding the tax related items and evaluations worked.
- Oversees the evaluation of uncertain tax positions and prepares appropriate documentation to support company’s conclusions.
- Oversees the evaluation of deferred tax asset recognition and preparing appropriate documentation to support the company’s position.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy. Implements new policies and changes based on the recommendation and research provided by the Corporate Accounting External Reporting and Research group.
- Works with the internal and external audit as necessary.
- Partners with leaders in other areas of Accounting to ensure the proper recording of transactions.
- Leads Accounting Managers or other support staff as necessary for department operations. Builds employee engagement, morale and motivation.Teaches and trains team members in tax accounting related matters to help raise accounting acumen within department.
- Actively participates in VCS organization planning and development activities
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, or audit or High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, or audit.
- Experience working with financial accounting regulations including US GAAP and Tax Laws.
- Experience with accounting for income taxes under both GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience preparing tax provisions including foreign/domestic income sources and current/deferred provisions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state). May also include international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, or audit or High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, or audit.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation
- Knowledge of tax laws in multiple non-US jurisdictions.
- Experience with tax reporting software such as OneSource or Corp Tax.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (using multiple sheets and workbooks, logical Operators ("AND" and "OR"), creating charts, and pivot tables).
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.