Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Deerfield, IL United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Purchasing, Executive Management, Medical
Senior Manager Accounting - Tax|
Responsible for overseeing and managing elements of the Company’s Tax Accounting processes and procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies. Responsibilities may include: developing tax accounting policies, procedures and controls; utilizing tax and accounting systems to automate and improve process efficiencies; interacting with personnel in varying disciplines of the enterprise including, but not limited to, FP and A, Accounting, Treasury, Finance as well as other Tax professionals; interaction with the Company’s external audit firm.
- Responsible for accuracy of income tax elements of the Company’s financial statements and management reports. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet tax accounting needs of the business.
- Manages elements of the Company’s tax accounting activities, relative to both GAAP and adjusted earnings. Develops and implements tax accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated across the organization. Ensures tax aspects of the Company’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with its tax accounting policies.
- Reviews tax accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Management.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to tax accounting processes and procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting external audits. Works with external audit firm.
- Partners with various disciplines within the organization. Examples include, but are not limited to: FP and A (tax rate budgeting and forecasting and analysis of actual results to budget); Accounting (external financial reporting, statutory audit support); Treasury (indefinite reinvestment assertion); Finance (tax effects of transactional planning and operational changes); and other tax professionals (e.g., estimating current year book-tax differences, return to provision comparisons and tax accounting related to tax planning).
- Work with other Tax department members on documenting and quantifying uncertain tax positions.
- Assist other Tax and FP and A personnel with forecasting the impact to the Company’s effective tax rate for the impact of tax planning matters and other business (operational) transactions.
- Manage the Company’s accounting for income tax related S-Ox internal controls. Work will involve interaction with both the Company’s internal controls team as well as its attest firm.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees, building morale and motivation.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of tax and tax accounting experience or High School/GED and at least 7 years of tax and tax accounting experience.
- Experience with applicable tax accounting regulations (principally ASC 740 but also ASC 450).
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience with tax provision/accounting software such as Corptax, OneSource or equivalent.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time for business purposes (within state, out of state AND/OR internationally).
- At least 10 years of tax and tax accounting experience.
- Public accounting and industry experience.
- Experience with multiple tax disciplines including US federal tax, US international tax, state and local tax, and/or transfer pricing.
- Experience with Corptax provision software, including uncertain tax positions module.
- Experience with Corptax tax return preparation software
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA
- CPA designation