Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||East Hanover, NJ
|| Human Resources, Environmental
The South Division Director Health, Safety and Environment has the responsibility for establishing the vision, leadership and ownership of the South HSE platform in alignment with the Americas GWS HSE and the Global HSE Platform, to drive world class performance. The position will report into Americas GWS HSE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the leadership, vision and commitment to build and enhance the health, safety and environmental controls with CBRE South GWS Division.
- Design and execute a long term South Division HSE strategy that aligns with the Americas Platform and CBRE's business goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain a South Division HSE platform which is an integral component as we drive toward world class. The platform must address regulatory and cultural variances, and be consistent with the primary policies and principles of the overall global HSE platform.
- Work directly with the South Division senior management team to establish a culture of prevention, protection, and compliance that is driven through effective leadership and accountability.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the South Division senior management team relative to, HSE performance, regulatory issues and emergency situations.
- Establish and manage a South Division network platform that allows all HSE professionals and others with specific HSE support responsibilities to become directly connected and where and when possible share best practices and programs, resources, and knowledge. The South Division HSE Network will closely mirror the HSE Network and sub-chapters currently established other global regions.
- Provide or coordinate direct HSE resource support for South Division CBRE accounts as required. In some instances this may also include direct support for a CBRE client.
- Provide direct support and resource coordination during account transition or refresh, including direction as to account HSE requirements.
- Coordinate business continuity planning and support the Business Continuity office initiatives in the South Division.
- Work directly with Global HSE Platform and HR to develop, implement and manage Global and joint programs including injury management.
- Ensure the CBRE GWS South Division members are compliant with the minimum global Health & Safety standard and to implement and monitor HSE policies and procedures including ensuring and documenting metrics are in place to track performance.
- MINIMUM REQUIRMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in HSE related management functions
- Prior experience and responsibility for programs and procedures.
- Experience with directly managing staff, as well as a demonstration of prior success in matrix reporting through business lines.
- Experience in developing and monitoring success in quantitative and qualitative terms.
- Clear understanding and articulation of Safety Management Systems – leadership commitment, accountability, effective communication, auditing and performance metrics.
- Strong service management experience with excellent time management and prioritization abilities; proactive, engaging, and partnering work style.
- Managerial ability to anticipate competing priorities and quickly identify and engage the appropriate resources necessary to affect accurate and meaningful solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills that feature the ability to foster 360° relationships and collaborate with functional leaders in a manner that will produce effective results.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking communication and presentation skills.
- Independent and action oriented with proven experience in designing and implementing HSE programs and procedures.
- Uncompromising in the principals of HSE excellence, but promotes them through a fostering and mentoring approach that will teach and encourage others to understand and adopt those principals.