Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Advisor, Collaborative Initiatives|
Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
● You know how to bridge silos and mobilize individuals to unite around the achievement of a shared vision
● You have experience in a specific or range of issue areas such as immigration, tech for social good, reproductive rights, climate advocacy, racial justice
● You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment and are comfortable adapting to a changing environment and navigating ambiguity
● You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams
● You are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively between strategic and tactical efforts
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
● Provide design, strategy and facilitation services to clients engaging in efforts such as donor circles, funder collaboratives, nonprofit alliances and cross-sector multi-stakeholder projects.
● Contribute to an evolving strategy on collaborative services through the ‘productization’ and implementation of an iterative impact model
● Serve as primary point of contact for collaborative initiatives and all partners involved; coordinating and optimizing interactions among initiative sponsors, advisors, contractors, grantees and other stakeholders.
● As primary point of contact, develop a strategy for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolve areas of concern raised by partner or internal stakeholders.
● Deliver high quality service to an assigned portfolio of collaborative initiatives, as well as philanthropic or fiscally sponsored projects as part of a matrix team that may include Finance, HR, Grants, Business Process and other teams to support clients’ operational and capacity needs.
● Assess risk factors around insurance, advocacy and all client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
● Cultivate a level of field, issue area, and/or organizational development expertise to accelerate impact of Tides and its clients.
● Analyze fundraising and strategic plans and coordinate service delivery accordingly.
● Support Director of Special Initiatives in the development and implementation of initiative evaluation to measure and report on service-delivery and client impact.
● Research, propose, and present Tides’ expertise on a regular basis at conferences, gatherings, professional associations and other external events to help lead the philanthropic and social venture fields.
● Harness the power of Tides Network by coordinating cross departmentally to convene our partners around collaborative approaches, both locally and regionally.
● A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
● Experience managing client portfolios, collaboratives and partner engagements including strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders.
● Familiarity with Google Drive Suite, MS Office Suite, Salesforce or other CRM platforms
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
● A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor.
● Ability to develop strategies that enhance consulting service delivery to partners
● Experience developing and supporting networks, communities of practice and cross-sector collaboration
● Deep knowledge in fields of social impact, innovation justice, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact and evaluation
● Experience writing proposals and contributing to field building thought leadership pieces
● Demonstrated skills reviewing and interpreting RFPs, analyzing market trends, modeling potential solutions, and presenting financial data sets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting, business administration or philanthropy.
How to Apply:
Tides Client Service Department currently has four distinct advisor positions open. Three of these roles are located in the San Francisco office and one is in the New York Office. Before applying please take a moment to visit Tides’ job page and read through the different opportunities and apply to the advisor role that most closely matches your interests. Candidate fit will be considered across all four roles but please only apply to one.
To apply, please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. If you are interested in learning more about Tides benefits please visit our career page.
Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Reasonable accommodation will also be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
About the Organization:
Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social justice founded on equality and human rights, healthy individuals and communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society's toughest problems. For more information please visit www.tides.org
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.