Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Edwardsville, IL United States
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Medical
Human Resources Specialist, DC|
The HR Specialist supports the HR Manager and HR Generalists within a Distribution Center (DC). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing customer service to DC Team Members in areas of payroll, time and attendance, benefits, safety, worker’s compensation, leaves, company policies, local DC policies, and training. Responsible for HR coordination and administration activities including data entry, maintenance of personnel/medical files, and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) log.
- Delivers high level of customer-facing service to Team Members and leaders. Handles difficult conversations and communicates information to internal stakeholders.
- Ensures all Team Members are entered and processed correctly in the Kronos time-keeping system. Responsible for payroll duties. Ensures increases are processed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintains Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) with all Team Member personnel transactions. Applies attendance policy by entering data and communicating as needed.
- Assists the HR Generalist with various events, such as new Team Member orientation, benefits reviews, and Open Enrollment. Interacts with vendors and suppliers to meet internal customer needs.
- Supports communication by updating bulletin boards and posting information for Team Members in the DC. Serves as liaison to Headquarters on HR-related matters, and collaborate with Centers of Expertise as needed.
- Assists the HR Generalist by coordinating outreach efforts, scheduling interviews, checking references, and other Talent Acquisition support functions.
- Responsible for worker’s compensation processing for DC employees; including submission of initial claim, data entry into the worker’s compensation system and notification to the carrier of the Team Member’s medical status and/or return to work.
- Processes all Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Leave of Absence documents for approval process. Tracks FMLA time taken. Communicates information and updates to Team Members.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training
- Knowledge of payroll systems and payroll processes
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA laws
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10-key numeric pad).
- At least 2 years of experience with Kronos timekeeping, worker’s compensation, and/ or HRIS.