Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Information Technology
Network Administrator - IMT Engineering (S417)|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. You will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
As a Network Administrator, you will focus on the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of switches, routers, wireless access points, and other core components, firewalls (including authentication, VPN, access controls, IPS/IDS, and other security features), and voice-over IP solutions. Our environment includes multiple campuses, redundant internet connections, significant wifi coverage and services for an APU community of around 15,000 users, as well as connectivity for internet facing hosted and or cloud services.
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science/Technology or job experience related equivalence
* OR a minimum of two years of related experience and/or training
* OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* Cisco certification (CCENT or above) or equivalent
* 2 - 4 yearsí experience in managing networks with demonstrated experience in maintaining a Cisco based LAN, WAN (with optimization or QoS), DMZ and Wireless network with high availability in a secure data center environment.
* 2 - 4 years experience in managing VOIP services.
* Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware TCP/IP, and heavy emphasis on WIFI protocols and support.
* Linux and Windows systems administration in a VMWare environment.
* Hands-on networking troubleshooting experience.
* Able to install, support, and troubleshoot server and network hardware components and peripherals.
* Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support.
* Experience supporting telecommunications equipment
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.