Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Information Technology
Enterprise Applications Engineer - IMT (S697)|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Enterprise Applications Engineer (App Engineer) is responsible for the installation, upgrading, development, optimization, troubleshooting, performance and availability monitoring of assigned production applications.
The App Engineer's Role is to ensure the long-term stability, integrity, business value, and efficient operation of the enterprise production systems that support core business. This individual is responsible for configuring, upgrading, supporting, and optimizing software that may be on-premises, remotely hosted, or software-as-a-service. The App Engineer will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The App Engineer will work closely with the Enterprise Applications and IMT Engineering teams to develop and enhance current global application support model and processes. This role is responsible for identifying business criticality, long-range technical plans and level of support needed for business applications.
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
* A Masterís degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
* ITIL Foundation certification, technical support certification or application certification preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in a technical support role (e.g. systems administration, application software administration, Tier 2 or 3 support role, etc.).
* Demonstrated growth over time in technical knowledge, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
* Expert-level technical skill in application planning, configuration, upgrading and optimization.
* Strong customer service experience with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
* Experience with incident management and version control and system monitoring tools.
* Experience providing technical support and clear communications to all levels of organizational staff and leadership.
* Hands on experience with process automation, best practice approaches, technology efficiency, and effectiveness.
* Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable.
* Proficiency in application software development and/or database design and maintenance.
* Commitment to continuing improvement of technical capabilities to support multiple diverse applications.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.