Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
|| Retail/Wholesale, Writing/Authoring
DUANE READE DRUG CLERK|
We are seeking a dynamic, results-oriented professional to join the Duane Reade team as a drug clerk. This person must have open availability to work days, nights and weekends as needed. The drug clerk is primarily the first and last impression the customer has, so they must be able to deliver a consistent top level of service that our customer expects.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers/patients at the pharmacy department.
- Answer phones; take messages, over the counter orders with proper phone etiquette.
- Intake of new prescriptions and refill orders.
- Verify product availability and wait time for prescription dispensing.
- Patient look up and verifications.
- File prescriptions.
- Ensure signature log is completed for every prescription pick up.
- Cash drawer tie-out at start and finish of shifts maintaining adequate change.
- Process sales transaction by all payment methods available.
- Process merchandise returns, exchanges and vendor returns.
- Receive and check in pharmacy orders.
- Maintain a clean and orderly check out area.
- Photocopy and fax information as needed.
- Knowledgeable of Duane Reade store locations, product and available services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Duane Reade.