Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Brooklyn, NY United States
|| Development and Fund Raising
Director of Engagement and Annual Giving|
Position: Director of Engagement and Annual Giving
Department: Office of Development
Reports to: Vice President for Development
Job Summary: A key member of the College’s development team, the Director of Engagement and Annual Giving is responsible for strengthening and growing the College’s fund raising activities, with particular emphasis on alumni and annual giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement annual and multi-year plan for increasing annual giving revenues and participation from all constituencies.
• Develop annual giving calendar integrated with all development and campus activities and events.
• Recruit, educate, and support annual giving volunteers.
• Manage a portfolio of annual giving leadership donors and prospects.
• Coordinate all appeals, publications, stewardship materials, videos, social media related to annual giving.
• Compose and customize all solicitation and acknowledgement letters.
• Work with Data Base Manager to ensure the integrity of all donor records.
• Provide leadership for a Constituent Relations program that compliments and supports mission advancement.
• Oversees all activities related to the Alumni Association Board of Directors including executive committee meetings, committee meetings, and board meetings.
• Work closely with other Development units to ensure that all areas are working in a cohesive environment towards the goals of the College.
• Oversee all operations including staffing, budget, and progress towards departmental goals.
• Work with other offices throughout the College to provide programming, engagement, and volunteer opportunities for all constituencies.
• Develop a strategic plan for the establishment of a fully integrated program of parent engagement.
• Oversee the College’s Reunion and regional gathering programs.
• Coordinates, stewards, and grows the College’s affinity group platform.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an advancement capacity – in higher education preferred.
• Experience as a professional fundraiser or salesperson with a proven track record of closing high level gifts/accounts and stewarding relationships.
• Team-oriented with experience working directly with volunteers and high net-worth individuals.
• Strategic thinker and organized task master, with a genuine interest in higher education and related fields.
• Skilled communicator who has demonstrated resourcefulness in working collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
• Self-starter who is energetic and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Sophisticated, outgoing and warm person who can communicate with honest passion about the mission of St. Francis College, both verbally and in writing.
• Participate in weekend and evening events and a willingness to travel is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required; Raiser's Edge software experience is preferred.
Interested applicants must apply through the St. Francis College Careers webpage at:
For over 150 years, the mission of St. Francis has been to provide an affordable, quality education to working class people who otherwise may not be able to attend college. St. Francis College is a private, independent, co-educational urban college whose Franciscan and Catholic traditions underpin its commitment to academic excellence, spiritual and moral values, physical fitness, social responsibility and life-long learning. We educate the whole person for a full, relational life, developing the students' talents and abilities for meaningful, fulfilling careers, as well as for collaborative, service-oriented leadership.
The College strives to offer ample opportunities for students to immerse themselves in the intellectual, cultural and professional opportunities afforded by New York City and to serve the needs of the local community in which they live and study. Our location in Brooklyn Heights provides a confluence of cultures and religious beliefs, mirroring our commitment to maintain and celebrate our diverse student body.
St. Francis College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and we are strongly committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty, students, and the curriculum. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our employer showcase!