Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Paul, MN United States
|| Computers, Software, Information Technology, Legal, Science, Research & Development, Environmental, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Date:May 12, 2018
Primary Location:St. Paul, MN, US, 55107
Requisition ID: 22624
provides innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that enable low cost, reliable and sustainable power systems.
Position Specific Description
The successful applicant will work directly with customers and management to develop prototype solutions in a R&D environment. They will achieve success by applying machine learning, optimization, and other modeling to renewable energy analytics problems; using techniques from software engineering, distributed computing and data storage infrastructure to build solutions; and effectively communicating their results to other business units.
Primary Job Functions
* Acquiring, manipulating, transforming, and visualizing datasets
* Understanding business problems, and formulating statistical models and evaluation metrics
* Developing machine learning, optimization, or other modeling solutions as required
* Evaluating algorithms and recommending solutions
* Writing research and/or production code
* Communicating results to stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, applied math, physics, statistics or computer science
* Experience with regression and classification techniques (RF, SVM, LR, time-series models, etc)
* Proficient in statistical analysis packages (R, Python, STRATA, Matlab, etc)
This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (e.g. “Big Data”).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions
* Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
* Manipulates and analyzes data sets
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience: 0+ years
* Master’s Degree
* Doctoral Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology
Organization: WindLogics Inc
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Other Work Locations: Minnesota
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Minneapolis
Job Segment:Sustainability, Power Systems, Energy