Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Legal, Counseling, Executive Management, Research & Development
Manager Accounting Research|
This position manages and completes research, implementation, communication and advisement of corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and Group reporting and external regulations and requirements. Advises and counsels management on accounting and reporting implications of proposed transactions, including non-recurring and recurring transactions and events.
Impact on the Business
- Manage, research, maintain and communicate corporate accounting policies and procedures to respond to new requirements and comply with government regulations, regulatory and generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory reporting requirements; ensure documentation supports Company positions. Serve as liaison with management, attorneys and external accountants to coordinate policy and procedural development and resolve issues to satisfaction of regulatory and generally accepted accounting requirements.
- Interpret and implement new or amended Group reporting to respond to changes in UK regulatory accounting standards and/or International Accounting Standards. Monitor developments in newly promulgated accounting rulings and pronouncements and ensure timely and accurate distribution as appropriate.
- Develop a network of peer financial institution contacts to share accounting-related information, interpretations and opinions to develop policies for situations where adequate authoritative and regulatory accounting does not exist.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manage the implementation of complex accounting standards and significant Bank projects and transactions by leading multi-departmental groups of senior Bank individuals on a routine basis.
- Counsel and advise management on business-related accounting and reporting issues and proposed transactions; analyze transaction structures and suggest changes or enhancements that meet objectives within imposed policy and regulatory constraints. Prepare and maintain documentation supporting Company position on significant accounting issues.
- Sponsor and coordinate financial and accounting related education programs that satisfy requirements of professional employees and broaden and awareness and knowledge of financial managers.
- Participate in integration of acquisitions for translating general ledger accounts, determining purchase accounting entries and developing new processes to capture financial information to meet reporting requirements.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of ten years proven and progressive major public accounting firm experience or equivalent, including a minimum of six years proven financial services or banking experience, including specific banking experience with acquisitions, divestitures, treasury markets and products, variable interest entities and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Bachelors degree in accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Strong communications, planning, organizational, analytical, project management, lateral thinking and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and regulatory requirements, including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), RAP, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Call Report, Risk-Based Capital and International Accounting Standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work within time constraints and limited resources.