Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Program Representative (Temporary) - Graduate Admissions|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Program Representative serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process. Primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and to recruit those prospective students into one of APU's professional bachelorís programs or graduate programs.
* Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred.
* Two - Three years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous admissions experience is preferred.
* Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students and applicants providing consistent, accurate and timely information in order to sell APUís program offerings via phone, email and mail correspondence.
* Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to admitted and admitted to enrolled yield goals which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the financial health of the university.
* Schedule, promote and lead individual and group information meetings for assigned degree programs for prospective students in order to answer questions, accept applications for admission, and secure student commitments to start a program in a selected term.
* Create and maintain good working relationships with other higher education institutions in order to promote APUís programs; visit these institutions on a regular basis (including Graduate and Adult student recruiting events) to meet with students and touch base with the institution personnel for the purpose of marketing APUís programs and find new ways to connect with prospective students.
* Serves as a primary business developer in order to create and maintain relationships with non-education institutions and targeted businesses in the community in order to recruit students for APU degree programs from those organizations.
* Works in conjunction with the department chair, program director, other faculty, and support staff to continually develop relationships to ensure prospective students enroll in the appropriate APU degree program to meet their education and career objectives.
* Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students and connects them with the proper SFS staff member.
* Provides input for university marketing efforts for degree programs that is based on current trends and forecasted changes in higher education.
* Utilizes the Azusa Pacific University student database system to run weekly roster reports and to daily document student contact interactions.
* Prepares and maintains weekly inquiry and applicant reports.
* Required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter or Spring) a calendar year.
* Periodically represents APU at various national conferences or other events as directed.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the executive director, director and/or associate director
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.