Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Program Coordinator (Temporary) - Learning Enrichment Center|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Working under the supervision of the Director of the Learning Enrichment Center, the LEC Program Coordinator will coordinate support for all programs in the Learning Enrichment Center, with majority of the time focused on disability services and test proctoring. The Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Learning Enrichment Center staff to enrich all of the academic support programs with a high level of service to students.
* Bachelorís degree.
* Masterís degree preferred.
* Three to five years of experience working in an educational setting, preferably some time with students with disabilities.
* Prior work experience in a collegiate academic center.
* Prior work experience with assessment, data collection, databases and reporting.
* Experience working in educational settings.
* Experience with diverse populations.
* Adept to using various forms of technology.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Provide coordination support for all LEC programs, particularly Disability Services and Placement Assessment.
* Collect applications and documentation needed to process disability accommodation requests.
* Manage student files.
* Enter data and run reports as needed.
* Keep record of student contacts. Handle correspondence with students before and after the intake process.
* Send student memos to appropriate professors, staff, and/or departments.
* Schedule interviews with students.
* Provide assistance in facilitating the use of assistive technology, adaptive software, books in pdf format, and other related duties.
* Oversee ALEKS math placement communication with students.
* Assist with preparing communications to the APU community regarding LEC programs and services.
* Provide front desk student service Ė answer phones and emails when needed.
* Exam proctoring Ė check in, payment processing.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.