Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Instructional Designer for Organizational Development|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director of the Office of Innovative Teaching and Technology (ITT), the Instructional Designer (ID) for Organizational Development is responsible for taking existing face-to-face employee training programs and redesigning them to be engaging and interactive online learning experiences. In addition, this position works with department supervisors to determine what employees need to learn and collaborates closely with subject matter experts to design and develop new learning experiences in the forms of instructional materials, training courses, and multimedia technologies, using the most relevant instructional standards and technologies. In developing learning experiences, the ID will clarify learning objectives, rewrite content, structure learning activities, and create visual aids for both face-to-face and online interactions. This position requires strong knowledge of andragogy and online instructional design, plus exceptional skill in maintaining an ongoing quality assurance process.
* A Bachelorís degree in adult learning, instructional design, or related area or equivalent experience. A Masterís degree is a plus.
* Minimum of 3 years of instructional design experience.
* Must have strong communication and negotiation skills and be willing to take direction from SMEs while at the same time providing feedback to SMEs regarding good learning design.
* A proven track record of working in higher education or company training, with creative problem solving abilities and facilitation experience. Online training and/or teaching experience a plus.
* Proficient in using learning management system, design and media software, and other related technologies to develop interactive learning experiences. Knowledge of mobile learning experience a plus.
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
* Interact professionally with colleagues and customers.
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
* Work independently while understanding the necessity of communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
* Interest in the implementation of innovative, creative course delivery methods.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Up to US$60000.00 per year