Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Administrative Assistant - Department of Visual Art|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This person will provide academic administrative support to the Chair of the Department of Visual Art.
* B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
* Three to five yearsí experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Serves as confidential secretary to the department chair. Implements objectives set by the department chair to ensure the departmentís overall effectiveness.
* Supports chair in monitoring monthly academic budget transactions.
* Accurately prepares all paperwork and forms including adjunct contracts, faculty loads and overloads, extra service payments, semester schedules, and other documents as assigned.
* Provides support to the adjunct faculty hiring process including scheduling of interviews.
* Interfaces with university offices and external constituents.
* Supports daily administrative operations of the office.
* Assists Chair with coordinating all Undergraduate and Graduate programs.
* Helps coordinate and schedule calendar, meetings, appointments, facility requests, events, databases, and other academic office needs.
* Processes and routes paperwork and forms for the Chairís signature and other documents.
* Supports monitoring and tracking within multiple databases.
* Serves as recording secretary at department meetings.
* Coordinates departmental scholarship information.
* Orders/purchases office supplies, technical equipment, and other materials for the office.
* Maintains the office in a professional manner including appearance.
* Answers, screens, and directs incoming phone calls and office visits.
* Maintains academic four-year plans, student census, undergraduate catalogue, alumni list and tracks new courses in software.
* Maintains faculty bios and academic details on website.
* Assists in all departmental events.
* Supervises student workers.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Creates, maintains and updates office procedures and general office files.
* Assists Chair with enrollment management, scheduling of classes, textbooks, surveys and data gathering.
* Provides administrative support for academic advising, university policies, processes, courses and timelines, including updating student handbooks and student files.
* Assists Chair preparing reports as directed including accreditation, assessment, program review and special projects.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description