Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Program Manager, Doctoral Programs - School of Nursing|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Azusa Pacific University is seeking a Program Manager for the School of Nursing (SON) Doctoral Department to provide management of day-to-day operations of the Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) and the Doctorate (Ph.D.) Program. Includes the assistance of faculty, students, and guests while managing the day-to-day program operations. The ideal candidate is able to perform under limited supervision, will be highly organized, and provide excellent customer service.
The position reports to the Chair of the Doctoral Programs and works closely with the department faculty, staff and students. The position is located at our Monrovia, CA location. Azusa Pacific Universityís School of Nursing represents faculty, staff, and over 1,750 students making up a variety of nursing undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs with five regional campuses and sites across Southern California.
* Masterís degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Four years of experience in a client based, service-oriented environment
* Higher education experience preferred
* Academic advising experience preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Serve as point person for processing and tracking of student APU/SON forms. Coordination of other forms that will include Leave of Absence, Independent Study, Add/Drops, Incomplete and Grade Change forms.
* Prepare course schedules each semester in collaboration with appropriate faculty. Prepares class rosters for doctoral courses and distributes to faculty each semester.
* Maintain overall calendar of events and anticipated deadlines for doctoral programs.
* Order program supplies and equipment as needed.
* Establish/maintain programmatic databases and prepare analyses needed for proposals and reports
* Coordinate faculty, student, and alumni meetings (including technology to enable participants connecting from off-site), events, and travel as directed by the Department Chair. i.e. Orientations, Research Forums, Dissertation Defenses, Brown Bag, etc.
* Assist with the submission of the HRSA Grant for Nursing Faculty Loan Program (NFLP), working together with the Program Director on the grant application.
* Manage the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) application process, working closely with Grad Student Financial Services and the Business Office. Conduct information meetings for the NFLP.
* Serve as a point of contact for the University and community regarding the School of Nursing Doctoral Programs, utilizing outstanding oral and written communication skills.
* Effectively liaise with School of Nursing and University departments and schools to promote excellent customer relations and program marketing
* Assist Department Chair in maintaining continuous readiness for academic accreditations (e.g., WASC, AACN, BRN)
* Assist Department Chair with course scheduling, meeting minutes, correspondence, and special projects as assigned.
* Assign student workers their daily duties and coordinate their schedules for coverage of the doctoral programs to support doctoral staff, faculty, and students. Oversee timely and accurate record-keeping, filing, and other clerical duties performed by student workers for the doctoral programs.
* Provide primary administrative assistance to Department Chair.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description