Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Sales and Business Development Director|
The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
The role holder will be able to generate and close sales leads and opportunities in alignment with strategic HSS initiatives across client segments in the Americas region. The role holder must be versatile across all Americas sales support requirements and fluent in the HSS global product spectrum.
The detailed role will include:
- Developing and managing a robust sales pipeline and implementing a strategic sales plan to monetize that pipeline, with a goal of exceeding annual individual and Americas sales targets.
- Utilizing industry contacts and relationships to source, lead, and close HSS Americas sales leads and opportunities. Focus on custody, fund administration, and other services for U.S.-based traditional and investment managers, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and quasi-wealth funds.
- Collaborating with and supporting HSBC Global Relationship Bankers, both in the Americas and overseas, to identify and close HSS business opportunities, in consultation with other HSS stakeholders, be they SBD, Client Management, Service Delivery, Product, or Senior Executive Management. Serve as trusted advisor on inquiries and referrals received from Global Relationship Bankers and other HSBC lines of business.
- Demonstrating a high degree of teamwork and collaboration to undertake and fulfil administrative duties vital to the successful functioning of the HSS Americas SBD Team. Duties can include industry analysis, competitor analysis, strategy vetting, prospect analysis, and other types of responsibilities.
Management of Risk
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree holder in Business Administration or related disciplines;
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the custody or banking industry;
- Solid experience and interest in custody for cross-border investment, plus detailed knowledge of the investment management industry, as well as the custody and fund administration services underlying that industry;
- In-depth knowledge of cross-border access for both investors into and out of the U.S.;
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets, and be able to identify the right type of prospects and business for HSS Americas;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a high degree of client-centricity, a team focus, and a collaborative spirit;
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills; ability to work autonomously with proper guidance and direction.
- Native fluency in spoken and written English; excellent presentation skills and proven ability to lead and influence in a team setting;
- Be change-oriented and able to deal with tight deadlines and work pressure independently;
- Enthusiasm and an ability to work with individuals across business units and in different global markets.