Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Sales, Research & Development
Global Markets - AVP – Corporate Risk Solutions|
The Thought Leadership team in Global Markets Corporate Services (GMCS) provides analysis for corporate clients to identify, quantify and manage market risks across FX, interest rates and commodities. The team is engaged in client discussions arising both in the normal course of business, as well as, in relation to financing activity and M&A. Role will involve client interaction. The Thought Leadership team provides best-in-class content and solutions to Strategic & Focus corporate clients in partnership with GMCS salespeople.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform varied financial and non-financial analysis, for example:
- Modelling of market risk factors and corporate finance metrics
- Simulation of market variables, products and strategies, and other similar analyses
- Develop tools and analyses which can be leveraged for a wide scope of client discussions
- Synthesize market observations and research into relevant themes for clients
- Provide market, product and industry trend analysis for GMCS client pitches
- Prepare client marketing materials including, presentations and client briefing notes
- Be a team player – coordinate with sales, capital markets and banking colleagues
- Adhere to global standards for behavior, communication, coordination, performance
- Build and maintain relationships internally
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Solid understanding of capital markets, interest rate and foreign exchange markets, and derivatives
- Knowledge of corporate finance and modelling
- Team player and effective collaborator
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under direction and using own initiative
- Knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel; VBA proficiency a plus
- Excellent time management skills