Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Academic Specialist - One Stop (S571)|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Academic Specialist provides exemplary second-tier customer service in multiple modes (face to face, phone, and email) within the areas of Academic Services and Academic Advising. The primary customers this position serves are students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and visitors to APU.
The Academic Specialist is responsible for managing degree audits and academic progress counseling for an assigned distribution of the undergraduate population. In addition to maintaining accurate academic records and upholding academic policy consistent with university standards, this position regularly interacts with this population to proactively assist students and resolve any issues related to degree completion and academic clearance for commencement.
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent experience and education. Masterís degree preferred.
* Three to five years business experience, preferably in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Evaluates and determines whether degree requirements have been met. Analyzes degree requirements, minimum GPA, ministry hours and departmental requirements. Accumulates and records final information regarding graduation for undergraduate students. Posts degrees after all requirements are met.
* Maintains accurate academic files of enrolled students. In addition, records pertinent details from conversations with students that may affect degree completion.
* Communicates with the assigned student client base to proactively keep them informed of any policy or procedural change that might influence their degree.
* Meets as needed, with faculty and staff to clarify academic and registrar policies applicable to their area of oversight.
* Assists students that have not met their degree requirements to help them to finalize their degree completion. Formulates academic plans and evaluates remaining degree requirements. Maintains contact with the students after graduation to assist them in completing degree requirements.
* Serves on various councils, committees and teams to assist with formulating policies and procedures for undergraduate students.
* Provides information on transfer equivalents, transfer inquiry, and policies governing transfer credit to students, faculty, and staff.
* Collaborates with Financial Services in verifying eligible courses for Title IV eligibility.
* Supports staff, incoming students, and faculty throughout the New Student Scheduling process.
* Assists students during add/drop, registration and pre-registration.
* Collects and assists in processing various forms related to academic policies and requests.
* Performs other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Registrar of Academic Progress, Undergraduate Registrar or Senior Director of One Stop.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description