Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Financial Compliance Specialist - Business Office|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This person is responsible for supporting the financial compliance and accounting area of the Business Office. This person will be responsible for sales/use tax analysis and reporting, federal and state income tax reporting, reconciling general ledger accounts related to taxes, and special projects assigned by Financial Reporting Manager.
* Bachelorís degree in Business or equivalent education and experience.
* At least four yearsí experience performing in a financial accounting role.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for Sales and Use Tax analysis for the university, including educating and training community. Perform monthly reporting and submission of funds to a few other states as well as quarterly online balancing and reporting to the State of CA BOE.
* Approve new supplier set up and all changes to suppliers
* Process, maintain, and report DE 542s - semimonthly submit a report to the State of CA Employment Development Dept of Independent Contractors and Sole Proprietors.
* Complete monthly monitoring and assessment of monthly outstanding check reports providing updated monthly reports to SFS for them to assist in monitoring. Reconcile and report unclaimed property to the State of CA Controllerís Office per the established, bi-annual due dates.
* Reconcile and maintain quarterly CA 592 reporting & submission of funds to CA FTB.
* Reconcile Accounts Payable monthly.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Perform Credit Applications for outside Suppliers upon request
* Respond to legal notifications and comply
* Verify tax identification numbers and business types monthly with IRS TIN Matching function -research and resolve discrepancies.
* Prepare annual report to transmit 1099M data to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
* Prepare 1042 annual withholding tax return via mail to the IRS and as tax liabilities are created, submit the funds via wire along with submission of a hard copy of the 1042 return to back up the amount of money sent.
* Responsible for the preparation and mailing distribution of all 1099s & 1042-Sís per IRS regulations.
* Prepare annual Environmental Waste Recycling Fees after balancing the GL to the reports and submit to the state of CA BOE.
* Process "B" Notice reports from the IRS involving mismatches between W-9's, 1099's and the IRS records.
* Responsible for the 972CG Notification that is received from the IRS for the university and work with SFS and Legal to provide the final response Abatement letter. Perform the necessary research and compilation of any Supplier inaccuracies between the IRS records and ours in order to avoid any fines from the IRS.
* Perform other complex financial accounting tasks when assigned.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.