Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Assistant Director of Alumni/Professional Services|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position works closely with the School of Education Director Outreach to develop and implement a strategic approach to serve alumni of the School of Education and area educators.
This will be accomplished through strategic relationships with K-12 partners from diverse settings and will include:
* Developing career pathways, job search preparation, and employment fairs.
* Developing a systematic approach to alumni data collection.
* Implementing a process for alumni recognition.
* Developing a system of professional development workshops for alumni and area educators.
This individual will report to the Director of Outreach and Alumni/Professional Services and will maintain consistent communication and updates regarding projects and new initiatives. This position requires some evening and weekend hours related to programming and event coordination, as well as periodic travel to APUís regional centers.
Required Education and Experience
* Masterís degree and 2-3 years professional experience in higher education, or Bachelorís degree and 5+ years professional experience in higher education.
* The successful candidate must evidence a track record of strong organizational skills and professional work experience in higher education, familiarity with K-12 credential and graduate programs, and a proven track record of building collaborative partnerships with diverse entities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as professional experience in social media communication.
* Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and collaborator with external partners.
* The ideal candidate will be familiar with the programs of APUís School of Education (SoE).
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.