Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Associate Director, Undergrad Registrar & Data Systems|
Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Associate Directorís primary responsibility is the management of the Student Records and Academic Advisement Data Systems. This person will supervise the Student Records data team. System functions supported by the Associate Director include class enrollment, schedule of classes, degree audit, transfer articulation and evaluation, curriculum management, and other records-related services. This person is also responsible for data inquiries for the office. In addition, the Associate Director is engaged in a dynamic Office of the Registrar strategic plan focused on improving the quality and effectiveness of services offered by the office. This person works closely with several technical and service-oriented offices on campus to provide excellent customer service to students and parents.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in MIS or equivalent work experience preferred.
* 5-7 years of experience configuring and managing registrar/records data systems, preferably for a higher education institution. Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Series25 preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Manages the configuration, updates and improvements for the Student Records data systems. Controls assignments for the Data Team as needed to implement improved services and simplify data processes.
* Manages the data workflow to maintain output goals for areas of responsibility. Determines new procedures with the data team to streamline processes and adjust to changing demands.
* Works with Sr. Business Systems Analyst to coordinate and research new initiatives and system functionality.
* Works with Senior Director of One Stop to formulate plans to effectively communicate to students regarding deadlines and changes in policies, procedures or degree requirements.
* Works with the Data Analysts and Information, UG EMS Technology solutions and Media Technology (IMT) to plan out all projects, bundles and scheduled improvements to the system. Troubleshoots system issues for the office and escalates as necessary.
* Supervises and coordinates the process of fulfilling data inquiries for the office.
* Manages the process of determining APUís undergraduate requirements met by transfer credits, AP, IB and CLEP with Vice Provost. Oversees the development of operations documentation for transfer evaluations. Manages approval of transferable general studies coursework and coordinates with deans and department chairs to determine transferability of classes for major coursework. Manages use of the articulation system.
* Manages the implementation and operation of the Series25 software for scheduling undergraduate classes. Works with the Senior Data Analyst and IMT to maximize classroom usage and simplify class scheduling.
* Manages implementation of degree audit system. Supervises the Data Analyst in dealing with discrepancies for major/minor requirements and academic policies.
* Works with Document Management to implement automated content management systems.
* Develops and manages the implementation of articulation policies and procedures. Coordinates with Data Systems Administrator for Articulation and PeopleSoft Support to make articulations available via the web for all California Community Colleges and other feeder colleges/universities.
* Supervises the data analysts and coordinates all other functions related to Undergraduate Registrar data systems.
* Recommends training programs for the Registrar staff with regard to transfer, articulation and the student information systems. Oversees the maintenance of operational documentation for training sessions.
* Participates collaboratively with members of the Undergraduate Registrarís management team to maximize opportunities for process improvement and overall management strategies of the UG Registrarís office that support university-wide strategic goals. Problem solves with Registrar and the Director of One Stop to clarify policies and procedures.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.